Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding
May 11, 2019
Together with their friends and families, graduates of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy gathered with faculty and staff during the School’s annual hooding and award ceremony, held in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center on Friday, May 10.
Members of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy presented the awards to students, while Dr. Christine Birnie, dean of the school, hooded the students with the doctoral hoods and explained its significance. Graduate Sareli Bonilla delivered the invocation, while class co-presidents, Syle Chupp and Mariah Haley, presented the Class of 2019 gift.
Nine pharmacy awards and honors were presented to the students, in addition to several preceptors awards. Students awardees included:
- Dean’s Circle Award: Mikaela Brown, Alexander Cain, Torie Fyles, Kirellos Ibrahim, Samantha Mahar, Raquel Roberts, Jennifer Trovato, Michelle Ubowski
- Wegmans Pharmacy Academic Excellence Award: Michelle Ubowski
- Mylan Excellence in Pharmacy Award: Karlie Mahan
- Merck Award: Joelle Arieno
- APhA-ASP Senior Recognition Certificate: Joelle Arieno
- PSSNY Award: Spencer Phillips
- USPHS Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Practice Award: Jessica Colmerauer
- Excellence in Experiential Education Award: Joelle Arieno, Mikaela Brown, Alixandra Mann, Anna Morris, Kristin Reindel, Sara Roback, Zoryana Smikh, Michelle Ubowski
- Meritorious Award for Distinguished Experiential Performance: Mallory Knapp