What to Expect from Orientation 2018
Orientation 2018 begins with Move-In Day on Saturday, Sept. 1 and concludes with the Matriculation Ceremony on Tuesday, Sept. 4, marking the start of your student’s arrival at St. John Fisher College.
The College’s Orientation program is designed to help students discover what Fisher has to offer, connect with their peers, and engage in the many opportunities on campus. Read on for a run-down of Move-In Day and a few tips and tricks for making the day a success.
8 to noon: Resident Student Check-in and Move-In
Check-in will begin in different parking lots on campus based on your student’s residence hall assignment.
- Please be patient and arrive at your assigned time as we will not be able to accommodate early arrivals.
- From the parking lots, you will be directed to individual residence halls.
- The Orientation Team will be there to welcome you, help you unpack your car, and move your student in.
- Your student will need to check in at their individual residence hall to receive their room key, and student ID.
- Once your student is in the room, they will connect with roommates and start their residential journey.
Noon to 1 p.m.: Commuter Student Check-in
- Commuter students can check in at the Campus Center Information Desk.
- All commuters should park in Lot A and proceed to check-in before joining the Welcome Picnic.
- All of the Orientation programs are required for commuter students, and they will receive information on the location of their first Orientation meeting when they check in.
Early Arrival Athletes: If your student is an early arrival athlete, they will report to campus as directed by their coach and live in a temporary room until closer to the start of the semester. Your student should bring what they need for their pre-season practices only, not all of their belongings.
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Welcome Picnic for all students and families, be sure to grab your Family Information Packet and treat before you leave campus!
12:30 p.m. Please plan to say your goodbyes after the Welcome Picnic as the formal Orientation program begins for students only immediately following and continues for the remainder of the weekend.
For the full schedule, please visit the Orientation Website. See you again for Family Weekend 2018, scheduled for October 19-21!