Frequently Asked Questions
We remain committed to the health and safety of our campus community and will continue to update this page as we have more information.
Q: What is the formal process for applying for an exemption?
Students and employees with a previously approved medical or religious exemption from Fisher are also exempt from the booster requirement. Exemption information can be found on the Vaccine page of the COVID-19 Resources website.
Q: I tested positive. What are my next steps?
- Report your test result by uploading a photo of the test result, along with your full name, date of birth, Fisher ID number, and date/time that the test was completed to the Patient Portal.
- Once it is reported, you will be flagged in the FisherLink system to alert your professors, coaches, advisors, and others in your support system that you will be missing class through the isolation period. That group is then notified again once the flag is cleared.
- Be sure to contact your professor for further instructions.
- Report your status to your supervisor and to the Office of Human Resources via email@example.com. Supervisors will remain in close communication with any employees who test positive to determine if they are able to return to work after the 5-day mark or if they should remain isolated due to symptoms.
Q: I am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. What should I do?
- Contact the Health and Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-8280 or Timely Care for further instructions and stay home.
- If you are advised to test for COVID-19, you will be flagged in the FisherLink system to notify your professors while you wait for your test results. Contact your professors for further instructions.
- You must upload a photo of the test result, along with your full name, date of birth, Fisher ID number, and date/time that the test was completed to the Patient Portal.
- If you test negative, your flag will be cleared and you may return to class.
- If you test positive, contact your professors for further instructions.
- Stay home and contact your medical provider. If you are advised to take a test and you test positive, follow the steps above.