St. John Fisher University (the “University,” “we,” “our,” “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the data of its students, faculty, staff, alumni, and website visitors. We want you to understand how we collect and use information from our website so you can interact with us with confidence.
Information We Collect
When you use our Site, you may provide and we may collect for our use personally identifiable information about you, as well as other information. "Personally identifiable information" includes your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. We also may collect usage information, which is information generated automatically as you navigate through our Site. More specifically, when you use our Site, we may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site, including your name, email address, street address, telephone number, or other information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, including information you provide in emails you send us.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
A "cookie" is a small computer file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Keep in mind, however, that some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you primarily to enable us to provide our information to you in the best possible manner. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you, including via your email address, with information relating to the University; and
- To administer our Site, including by monitoring and analyzing our Site traffic and usage patterns.
- To share digital advertising with you.
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Site monitoring. We also limit access to any personally identifiable information we receive to employees who need access to that information in order to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Site thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties (including advertising networks) or our affiliates to:
- Assist us in providing information about the University to you, including by acting on our behalf to send postal mail and email, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer assistance; and
- Compile statistics and reports regarding our audience and the users of our Sites;
Such third parties have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We do not sell or rent personal information collected through our Site to anyone.
When you provide us with personal information we also may use and share your personal information to contact you, including via email, to thank you for providing your request, to conduct satisfaction surveys, or for other administrative purposes related to your request.
Other Circumstances: We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request; and
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of the University, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Third Party Websites and Social Media Features
International Visitors and the Privacy Shield
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States ("US"). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Review and Correction of Your Information
If you choose to receive any marketing communications from us, and wish to opt-out of future communications, you may, at any time, contact us by emailing email@example.com and letting us know your preferences.
St. John Fisher University
Office of Marketing and Communications
3690 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618