Visit St. John Fisher University
To know Fisher, you simply have to visit us! A 10-minute drive from downtown Rochester, NY, Fisher's campus is in the comfortable community of Pittsford.
Campus Visit Opportunities
There are a number of opportunities to visit throughout the year.
Getting to Campus
The Fisher campus is located six miles southeast of Rochester, NY, in the suburb of Pittsford.
3690 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
The easiest approach is from the New York State Thruway, I-90.
- Take I-90, Exit 45, which is marked "Rochester-490."
- From that point, take I-490 for about 10 minutes to Exit 25, Fairport Road/NY 31F.
- Turn left onto Route 31F going west and proceed to the main entrance of campus.
- The main entrance is 0.5 mile from I-490, at a traffic light where Fairport Road meets East Avenue (Route 96).
- EV charging is available in the Park & Ride lot, located at the East entrance near I-490 and Route 31F.
The University is serviced by Regional Transit Service (RTS) at the St. John Fisher Connection Hub (Park & Ride), located at the East entrance near I-490 and Route 31F.
- Route 11 Monroe Local Route
- Route 91 Newark/Lyons Commuter
- RTS On Demand service (ADA-accessible) within Pittsford/Eastview Zone
Bicycle rack available.
Companies with intercity bus service to Rochester include Greyhound, Trailways, FlixBus, MegaBus, and OurBus. The Greyhound/Trailways/FlixBus stop is located on East Broad Street (between Chestnut Street & Broadway), in Rochester, NY. The MegaBus bus stop is located on Central Avenue, in Rochester, NY outside the train station. The OurBus bus stop is located at the airport, 1200 Brooks Avenue, in Rochester, NY across from arrivals/lower level (Shuttles/Buses.)
Fly into the Frederick Douglass Greater Rochester International Airport, 1200 Brooks Avenue, in Rochester, NY. (The airport code is ROC.)
Ground transportation (taxi, RTS Bus) and rideshare pickup (Uber, Lyft) is available in front of the main terminal, lower level. Car rental is available on the lower level.
- When you exit the airport, turn right onto Brooks Avenue.
- Merge onto I-390 South. Keep left to continue on I-590 North.
- Take Exit 2 for NY-31/Monroe Avenue toward Pittsford.
- Turn left onto NY-31/Monroe Avenue.
- Turn right onto Allens Creek Road.
- Turn right onto NY-96 S/East Avenue.
- The main entrance is about one mile down the road on the left.
Ride on Amtrak to Louise M. Slaughter Station, 320 Central Avenue, in Rochester, NY.
Ground transportation (taxi, RTS Bus) and rideshare pickup (Uber, Lyft) is available.
Driving Times to Rochester
Below are the estimated travel times to Rochester from several surrounding cities.
- Buffalo, NY - 1 1/4 hours
- Syracuse, NY - 1 1/2 hours
- Albany, NY - 4 hours
- Pittsburgh, PA - 4 1/2 hours
- New York, NY - 6 hours
- Hartford, CT - 6 hours
- Boston, MA - 7 hours