Areas of Interest: Catholic ethics; metaethics; ecological ethics; bioethics
- Office:Basil 014
- Phone:(716) 888-2460
Ph.D, Maynooth College
M.Div. and S.T.M., Boston University
B.A., Union College
- “Environmental Justice in the US.” In Eli S. McCarthy, ed., Becoming Nonviolent Peacemakers: A Virtue Ethic for Catholic Social Teaching and U.S. Policy (Georgetown University, 2020).
- “Pope Francis’ Encyclical and Catholic Magisterial Statements on Ecological Ethics.” In Mohammed Shafiq and Nathan Kollar, eds., Nature and the Environment in Contemporary Religious Contexts. (Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2018), 101-122.
- “Calling Forth the Invisible, Spreading Goodness: Virtue Ethics in Laudato Si’.” In Dan Delio, ed., All Creation is Connected: Voices in Response to Pope Francis’ Encyclical on Ecology (Anselm Academic, 2017), 159-223.
- “The Consequences of Fossil Fuel Addiction in Schoharie County.” In Laudato Si’ and Northern Appalachia: Journal of Moral Theology 6, Special Issue 1 (March 2017), 125-143.
- “Good Chaos, Bad Chaos, and the Meaning of Integrity in Both.” In Colleen Carpenter, ed. An Unexpected Wilderness: College Theology Society Annual Volume (Orbis Books, Spring 2016), 79-89.
- “A Catholic Virtues Ecology.” In Christiana Peppard and Andrea Vicini, S.J., eds. Just Sustainability: Ecology, Technology and Resource Extraction. Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church Series, vol. 3. (Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2015), 194-204.
- Paula Leslie, Nancy M Rourke and Tamara Sacks. “Doing What Works: A Discussion of Medical Futility” 23, No. 2 (April, 2014) American Speech-Language and Hearing Association’s Special Interest Group (SIG) 13, Perspectives on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia).
- “Sacramental Swallow: How Swallowing Informs Eucharistic Theology,” with Paula Leslie, Ph.D., FRCSLT, CCC-SLP, in The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly 13, No 2 (Summer 2013), 253-262.