Pillar 5: Institutional Excellence
St. John Fisher University will promote collaboration, accountability, and communication in order to be responsive to the rapidly changing environment of higher education and extend its mission into the 21st century.
Integrate Planning, Assessment, and Budgeting Processes
Coordinate and develop planning and resource management for all divisions to focus on continuous
- Coordinate University, School, and unit strategic planning and assessment practices to inform decision-making and achieve institutional goals.
- Conduct Campus Master Planning exercise and Facilities Condition Assessment.
- Coordinate resource management processes with budget planning across units and divisions to identify opportunities and respond to challenges.
- Strategically deploy and leverage existing and emerging technologies, e.g., generative AI, to
enhance efficiency of processes and improve interactions between and among systems.
- Research, identify, and pursue new approaches to revenue generation.
- Identify risks and implement enterprise risk management strategies.
- Apply appropriate design principles to capital projects, including those in residence halls,
academic spaces, athletic facilities, the library, and the Campus Center.
- Complete Lavery Library Modernization and Renovation Project
- Assess and modernize athletic facilities
Improve Governance, Reporting, and Communication Processes
Develop and coordinate processes to promote effective communication, campus-wide governance, and reporting.
- Develop annual reporting processes that include individual reports for faculty and staff and departmental reports that incorporate the use of assessment results.
- Develop a robust University-wide communication plan to leverage and articulate/promote new University status and to expand the visibility of policies, priorities, accomplishments, and contributions.
- Support a clearly articulated and transparent governance structure that outlines roles and responsibilities for campus decision-making.
- Streamline administrative services and leverage technology to meet transactional needs while building capacity.
Increase Employee Engagement and Support for Professional Development
Provide ongoing and sustained professional development and engagement opportunities designed to improve the employee experience, expand scholarly work, and develop leadership competencies across campus.
- Develop a professional development program for employees and continue to create a supportive culture on campus.
- Support efforts to increase and expand scholarship and research.
- Continue established traditions and create new ones to honor our history and celebrate our progress.
- Develop and implement a robust new employee orientation and onboarding process.