The M&T Charitable Foundation College Bound Program
The M&T Charitable Foundation College Bound Program is designed to support highly motivated low-income, first-generation high school students by providing them with the knowledge, skills, and ongoing support they need to successfully complete the college application and selection process.
The College Bound Program provides students with the confidence and encouragement to enter their senior year motivated and ready to apply to college.
July 9-13, 2023
Nomination and Application
In order to be considered for this program, students must first be nominated by a school official, meeting specific criteria outlined in the nomination form. The student will then be asked to complete a student application. Enrollment in this program is limited to 36 students.
About College Bound
To assist students in negotiating the college admission process, Fisher will offer an intensive five-day residential program of college guidance conducted by experienced college admission professionals.
The College Bound Program is intended to familiarize students with the various aspects of the college admission and application process; and provide them with the knowledge and skills to successfully search, apply, and select a college. The program is designed for students who are between their junior and senior years of high school.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Help students discover their interests and explore potential career options.
- Enable students to develop a consideration set of colleges and determine the aspects of a college that are most important.
- Offer information and help students understand the admissions application process, including completing an application, admissions interviews, and the college essay.
- Allow students to experience other college campuses in the Rochester area.
- Develop an action plan for their college admissions process.
- Offer ongoing assistance to students and their families throughout their senior year of high school.
Note: There is no fee for participating in this program.
Choosing a college is a process that should begin with an assessment of each student's needs as an individual. Through the College Bound Program, we offer our assistance to you in that task. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Office of First-Year Admissions at (585) 385-8064.
Thank you to our other supporting partners:
- Fred and Floy Willmott Foundation
- The Ames-Amzalak Memorial Trust, in memory of Henry Ames, Semon Amzalak and Dan Amzalak