Executive Internship Application Overview
The executive internship is a rigorous program designed to develop leadership skills and an understanding of higher education administration through experiential learning.
Interested students should review the following information about the executive internship program and application process.
- Fully participate in the executive internship program.
- 8-10 internship hours per week
- Monthly professional development meetings
- Attend and participate in other events as applicable to position
- Act as a positive representative of St. John Fisher University.
- Embrace the values articulated in the Fisher Creed and conduct yourself in a respectful and responsible manner with all University constituents.
- Be an appropriate role model and abide by the University's Student Code of Conduct at all times.
- Be punctual, preferable early, to all activities to allow for adequate set-up time and preparation.
Executive interns are held to a high standard. Therefore, if the student code of conduct is violated, the intern will be removed from the program.
Interested executive internship candidates must be a junior or a senior and will need to:
- Attend an Information Session about the program
- Submit a résumé and cover letter
- Complete an application
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be in good standing with College Student Conduct
- Have past leadership experience
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
The application for the 2023-2024 academic year will be made available in March 2023.