Ph.D., University of Memphis
M.S., University of Plymouth, Devon, UK
B.A., University of Mansoura, Mansoura, Egypt
Mohamed Mekhaimer has been an assistant professor of finance in the School of Business since August 2018. Prior to coming to Fisher, he served as an assistant professor at Clarkson University, a visiting researcher at the University of Ottawa, and a visiting fellow at the University of Portsmouth.
He has published his work in leading finance journals including Journal of Corporate Finance and The Financial Review. Mekhaimer's research has been presented at internationally recognized conferences, including the Financial Management Association, the American Accounting Association, and the American Economic Association annual meetings.
- Jain, P., Jiang, C., & Mekhaimer, M. A. (2016). Executives' horizon, internal governance and stock market liquidity. Journal of Corporate Finance, 40, 1-23, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2016.06.005
- Jain P., Mekhaimer, M., & Mortal, Sandra (2020). Commonality in liquidity and multilateral trading facilities. The Financial Review, doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/fire.12225
- 2020 - Financial Management Association annual meeting (Scheduled), The University of Memphis.
- 2019 - Financial Management Association annual meeting; American Accounting Association annual meeting; Financial Management Association annual Asia/Pacific meeting;* Midwest Finance Association annual meeting;* Eastern Finance Association annual meeting; American Economic Association annual meeting (poster session); Western University, the University of Memphis;* Macquarie University*; University of Tasmania;* Central University of Finance and Economics;* Iowa State University;* University of Wyoming.*
- 2018 - St. John Fisher College; Southern Finance Association, annual meeting; Bath University; Portsmouth University; CPA - Canada Accounting and Governance Research Centre – University of Ottawa.
- 2017 - Clarkson University; Financial Management Association annual meeting; Southern Finance Association annual meeting.*
- 2015 - IFABS Conference, Oxford University; Financial Management Association annual European meeting; International Accounting Section mid-year meeting, American Accounting Association*.
- 2014 - University of Mississippi, Clarkson University; Central Michigan University.*
- 2013 - University of Memphis; Eastern Finance Association annual meeting; Midwest Finance Association annual meeting; Southern Finance Association annual meeting; Southwestern Finance Association annual meeting.
- 2012 - Southern Finance Association annual meeting.
- 2011 - Southwestern Finance Association annual meeting; Corporate Governance and Business Conference.
*Presented by co-author