- Office:Kearney 430
- Phone:(585) 385-5259
Ph.D., M.A., B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo
Timothy J. Madigan is a professor of philosophy and chair of the Department of Philosophy and Classical Studies. He holds a doctorate degree in philosophy from the State University of New York at Buffalo, as well as M.A. and B.A. degrees from the same institution.
A frequent lecturer on topics relating to applied ethics, philosophy and popular culture, and the ethics of belief, Dr. Madigan has given presentations at several institutions of learning throughout the United States and abroad. He received the St. John Fisher College Trustees' Distinguished Scholars Award in 2013.
- The Sociology of Sports, 3rd Edition. 2021. McFarland Publishing. Co-written with Tim Delaney.
- Bertrand Russell, Public Intellectual, 2nd Edition. 2021. Tiger Bark Press. Co-edited with Peter Stone.
- Beyond Sustainability, 2nd Edition. 2021. McFarland Publishing. Co-written with Tim Delaney.
- Friendship and Happiness and the Connection Between Them. 2017. McFarland Publishing. Co-written with Tim Delaney.
- Lessons Learned from Popular Culture. 2016. SUNY Press. Co-written with Tim Delaney.
- Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance. 2011. RIT Press. Co-edited with David Suits.
- W. K. Clifford and 'The Ethics of Belief'. 2010. Cambridge Scholars Press.
- Promethean Love. 2008. Cambridge Scholars Press.