M.S. in Mental Health Counseling Application Process
The master’s program in mental health counseling has an annual start date in September (Fall semester) and operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Completed online application
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)*
- Two recommendation forms (please refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé
- Personal goals statement to include an introduction to applicant’s clinical and professional background that supports intended program of study and has prepared applicant to be successful in graduate studies; the statement should articulate purpose and objectives for obtaining an advanced degree in intended specialty, including professional goals
*When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always select electronic PDF delivery. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals, and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
Program-Specific Applications Requirements
- Interview with the Admissions Committee of the program
- Life experience relevant to the work of a mental health counselor (such as personal experience, and/or paid or volunteer experience)
International Student Application Requirements
If you are an applicant from outside the United States, please refer to our information on graduate admissions for international students.