M.S. in Nursing
You can earn both a master’s degree and post-graduate certification through Fisher’s graduate-level nursing program.
Designed for those who have a bachelor's degree in nursing and a current NYS RN license, the graduate-level program features five options:
- Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner (PCFNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS)
Upon graduation from a master's degree program – either clinical or non-nursing – you may elect to pursue a post-master's certificate in one of the above disciplines as well.
All program options start each fall and spring, except psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, which starts in the fall semester only. The program is structured to meet the demands of your busy schedule, with classes offered on weekday evenings.
The curriculum for the nursing master’s program is a mix of academic and clinical coursework.
For the master’s degree, you will be required to complete a minimum number of credit hours of coursework, based on your program of study. The credit-hour breakdown for each program of study is as follows:
- PCFNP, AGPCNP, AGACNP: 47 course credits, 600 hours of clinical practice
- PMHNP: 54 course credits, 600 hours of clinical practice
- AGCNS: 44 course credits, 500 hours of clinical practice.
Your clinical placements will be conducted in a setting separate from your position of employment.
The post-master's certification programs require additional coursework in your selected option area. Additional coursework is determined based on a review of your completed master's coursework.
Fisher also offers an online M.S. in nursing program (Fisher Nursing Online) and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
Rochester Regional Health's Preferred Education Partner
Rochester Regional Health employees are eligible for generous tuition discounts in addition to employer tuition assistance in our Wegmans School of Nursing graduate programs. Take advantage of the preferred education partnership today.