CAC Offers Six Ways to Relay
The 17th annual Relay for Life, sponsored by Colleges Against Cancer (CAC), is right around the corner and the whole campus is invited to attend. Whether it’s your first or seventeenth time, there are several ways to get involved with this incredible fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society and Hope Lodge.
This year’s theme is “Carnival for a Cure,” and serves up an event complete with cotton candy, fried dough, and games.
Here are six ways you can get ready to Relay:
- Buy a March Madness Bracket. CAC is selling NCAA brackets for $2 each. They will be on sale from Sunday, March 17 through 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20, in the CAC office, located in The Nest. The more participants, the bigger the prize! There will be regular updates on the CAC Instagram @sjfc_cac.
- Register to Walk. Register online through the American Cancer Society. Join an existing team, become a captain and create your own team, or walk solo! Registration is only $15 per person.
- Host a Table. Campus clubs can register to host a table during Relay. Each club will bring a game or activity for the participants. While the event runs for 12 hours, club tables are only asked to stay for six hours. It is a great opportunity to raise money for a good cause, and to promote your club! The more tables at Relay means more fun activities for walkers. Hosting a table will also count towards service hours for each club.
- Share a Talent. Relay will have several opportunities to show off your talents. Love singing in the shower? CAC has an open mic event on the schedule. Or, break out your inner diva with the lip-sync battle! There will also be a talent show for anyone with a special talent. If you’re interested in showing off your skills, email Relay Coordinator Molly Zies at email@example.com.
- Bring Your Family. Relay for Life has something for everyone. This year’s carnival is full of fun surprises and faculty and staff are encouraged to bring the whole family. Relay will feature classic carnival favorites including cotton candy, snow cones, and fried dough, and games like Whack-a-Mole and Jacob’s Ladder will be there. There will also be performances from student and faculty groups.
- CAC’s fundraising goal is $30,000 this year, and every dollar counts! You can make a donation at the event, or online through the Fisher Relay website.
For more information about Relay for Life, email Molly Zies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was written by Chris Murray. A senior majoring in media and communication with a minor in management, Murray is an intern with the College’s Office of Marketing and Communications.