School of Business Honors Students, Faculty, Community Member during BGS Induction Ceremony
The School of Business inducted 21 students and six faculty members into its chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), an international business honor society for the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Beta Gamma Sigma is the scholastic honor society dedicated to principles and ideals essential to a worthy life as well as to a commendable business career. Its mission is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members.
This year, the School recognized Ilene Flaum as the 2022 Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter Honoree. Flaum, and her late husband, David, have been changemakers in Rochester for decades and continue to broaden their reach through their real estate development company and their generous philanthropy.
The Flaum family has many connections to the College; David Flaum served as a member of the Board of Trustees from 1998 to 2010. In fall 2021, Ilene Flaum created an endowed scholarship in memory of her brother, Jay B. Birnbaum, who was an adjunct faculty member in the School of Business for several years. The scholarship supports students pursuing a degree within the School of Business.
Following the keynote address, Dr. Jason Berman, BGS faculty advisor, presented certificates to the honor society’s newest inductees, including:
- Sophomores: Owen Brown, Angelea Collins, Catherine Gluszko, Gregorio Ranieri, Jacob Sartini
- Juniors: Ethan Coxford, John Foley, Gracie Jacob, Alex Martens, Elle McEneany, Anthony Sprague
- Seniors: Joseph Allocco, Jonathan Costain, Jessica Fisk, Russell Goodman, Suzanne Johnsen, Ryan Nagel, Nicole Smith
- MBA Candidates: Tek Acharya, Gregory Ingraham, Jordan Johnson
- Faculty members: Dr. Todd Harrison, Professor Kristin Lennarz, Dr. Yi Liu, Professor Christopher Liucci, Dr. Therese Sprinkle, and Dr. Patricia Wollan
During the ceremony, it was also announced that Elle McEneany will serve as president and Alex Martens will serve as vice president of Beta Gamma Sigma for the 2022-2023 academic year.