Math Center Policies
In order to provide a high-quality peer tutoring experience for students at Fisher, the following policies are in effect. Students who plan on taking advantage of the services provided by the Math Center must abide by the policies listed below.
The Math Center reserves the right to refuse tutoring services to anyone who has violated these policies.
- Tutoring services are provided both in-person or online using Zoom. Your tutor will communicate with you regarding the details.
- In-person tutoring is provided in the Math, Writing, and Tutoring Center on the ground floor of Lavery Library.
- To request a Math tutor you may make an appointment or make use of the walk-in hours. Check the Math Center Schedule to see which tutor is assigned to your course and when they will be available for walk-in hours. To make an appointment with the tutor, use “Raise a Hand” in FisherLink.
- Once you request a tutor, you will have the option to establish a standing tutoring session for the same class. However, if you miss or cancel a standing session, all future standing appointments will be canceled. You may request a tutor again, however you may be assigned to a different tutor.
- Students should make an attempt to complete any assigned or practice exercises before meeting with a tutor. Tutors will not do your work for you.
- Tutors will not help you with assignments such as quizzes or take-home exams, although they are permitted to review an assignment that has been graded by the instructor.
- Tutees are expected to be on-time, be prepared, and to treat fellow students as well as the tutors with professional respect.
- Tutees are expected to give their undivided attention to the tutor during the tutoring session. Checking email, accepting phone calls or sending text messages is not permitted.
- We provide tutors who have some experience in all of the courses supported. Some tutors have more expertise in certain areas than others.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, contact the director of the Math Center.