Services and Policies
Students who plan on taking advantage of the services provided by the Writing Center must agree to abide by the policies listed below.
The Writing Center reserves the right to refuse tutoring services to anyone who has violated these policies.
- Students must bring work to, and be active participants in, their tutorials. We do not allow students to drop off papers for proofreading.
- Tutorials may not exceed one hour.
- Tutors are prohibited from giving opinions about grades.
- Tutors work with writers during all stages of the process.
- All tutees must have a current Fisher ID number.
- Turn cell phones to a quiet setting.
Graduate Writing Services and Policies
Professional tutors are available to consult with graduate students on their writing. Graduate writing tutors provide in-person consultation, online consultations in real-time via Zoom, as well as asynchronous feedback via Google Docs and email.
To schedule graduate writing help, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a Librarian
Librarians can help you find articles, books, and other sources; provide assistance with citing your sources; and more.