Service Scholars Program
The Service Scholars Program allows students to continue their involvement in the community throughout their undergraduate studies.
The scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who exhibit outstanding commitment to community and the greater good through activities in nonprofit agencies, their schools, places of worship, and in their communities. Recipients receive yearly awards of one-half the total cost of tuition and room and board.
Note: We are no longer accepting applications for the Service Scholars Program for fall 2024.
The Service Scholars Program is an opportunity to make a difference both in the Rochester community and with the Fisher Family, while making memories that will last a lifetime.
Interested students must apply to the Service Scholars Program and meet the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated a high degree of motivation and academic success throughout high school.
- Have demonstrated commitment to leadership and community engagement through service activities with community organizations such as school, neighborhood, nonprofit agencies, or places of worship.
- Be a high school senior planning to enter Fisher directly after graduating.
Note: Regular admission standards typically include a high school GPA of B/B+ and a strong high school curriculum.
Students applying for HEOP are not eligible for the Service Scholars Program.
To maintain good standing as a Service Scholar and receive all benefits of the scholarship, students must successfully:
- Engage in full-time study as a matriculated student.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of degree requirements.
- Complete the two-course learning community during the fall semester of their first year.
- Complete the weekly Community Engagement Seminar series during the first year of enrollment.
- Complete all successive courses and seminars the Program offers.
- As a sophomore, junior, and senior, meet program hour requirements and fulfill a commitment to weekly community engagement with a local nonprofit organization during each year of enrollment at the University.