Service Scholars Program
The Service Scholars Program allows students to continue their involvement in the community throughout college.
The scholarship is awarded to high school seniors who exhibit a commitment to service through activities in their schools, places of worship, non-profit agencies, and in their communities. Recipients receive yearly awards of one-half the total cost of tuition and room and board.
Note: We are no longer accepting applications for the Service Scholars Program. The application will open for the next academic year in late summer.
- Have performed community service throughout the four years of high school in their community, school, or church
- Be high school seniors planning to attend Fisher in the following fall semester
Regular admission standards typically include a high school GPA of B/B+ and a strong high school curriculum.
Students applying for HEOP are not eligible for the Service Scholarship.
The Service Scholars Program is an opportunity to make a difference both in the Rochester community and with the Fisher Family, while making memories that will last a lifetime.
In order to retain their awards while engaged in full-time study as matriculated students, Service Scholars are required to:
- Participate in a two-course learning community entitled "Leadership Through Self-Development" during the fall semester of their first year at Fisher.
- Attend a community-engaged learning seminar course during spring semester of their first year and during spring semester senior year (a retreat).
- Complete one community-engaged learning course during their program tenure.
- Make a commitment to community service hours.
Note: Students can also arrange to have a portion of the community service hours they perform during semester breaks count toward their total semester requirement.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of their degree requirements.