MCC Inclusive Childhood Education Advising Guide for Transfer Students
Undergraduate B.S. Inclusive Childhood Education Program
|Monroe Community College Course||Fisher Equivalent Course|
|EDU 200 - Foundations of Education||EDUC 112 - Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education|
|PSY 101 - Introduction to Psychological Science||PSYC 100 - Introduction to Psychology|
|PSY 201 - Developmental Psych - Child||PSYC 227 - Child & Adolescent Development|
|EDU 230 - Introduction to Special Education||EDUC 201 - Schools, Ability, and Learning|
Students seeking Inclusive Childhood Education Certification (Grades 1-6) with Middle School Extension in the Content Area (Grades 7-9) must major in inclusive childhood education with a second major or concentration in their teaching discipline (social studies (American studies or history), English literature, Spanish or mathematics (mathematics or statistics). Students seeking Inclusive Childhood Education Certification (Grades 1-6) without Middle School Extension must major in inclusive childhood education and another approved liberal arts major or concentration: communication, computer science, economics, English literature or writing, sport management, history, psychology, mathematics, Spanish, American studies, statistics, biology, chemistry, physics, or sociology. The second major or concentration may require candidates to complete more than the minimum 120 credits required for degree completion. Students are highly recommended to contact the Office of Transfer Admissions to discuss options and advising in more detail.
See major/concentration options below.
- American Studies: Choose courses from the following: HIS 111, 112; ANT 201 or ENG 203 or 204 or 210; ECO 111 or 112; POS 102 or 210.
- Biology: BIO 155, 156.
- Chemistry: CHE 151, 152.
- Communication: Choose courses from the following: COM 101, 130 & 131 (both count as one course), COM 150, ENG 250 or SPC 142 & SPC 141 or 143 (both count as one course).
- Computer Science: CSC 101, 103; MTH 172; CRC 101 or CIS 121.
- Economics: REQUIRED: ECO 111, 112; MTH 160.
- English (Literature): Choose three courses from ENG 201, 202, 203, 204; Choose ENG 210.
- English (Writing): ENG 213, 252, one 200 level literature course.
- History: Choose up to five courses from the following: HIS 111, 112, 113, 114, 250; any HIS course.
- Mathematics: MTH 210, 211, 212; MTH 220 or 221 or 232.
- Psychology: PSY 205, 206, 215, or any combination of three PSY courses.
- Physics: PHY 154, 155, 262; MTH 210.
- Sociology: SOC 101 and other SOC courses.
- Spanish: SPA 101 - 104
- Sport Management: SMT 215, PPE 208, HIS 211.
- Statistics: MTH 210, 211
A grade of C or higher required in all courses used toward the education major. Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher required for continuation at Fisher.
Students must submit a formal transfer application the semester before intended enrollment.
Last Updated: 2022/2023