Online M.S. in Library Media Application Process
The master's program in library media education has an annual start date in May (Summer semester) and operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Graduate Application Process
General Graduate Application Requirements
Note: Please submit the online application before any other supplemental documents (transcripts, resumes, references, etc.) are submitted.
- Completed online application
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)*
- Two recommendation forms
- Current résumé
- Professional/career goals statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
Contact graduate admissions or the graduate program chair regarding the process to request graduate transfer credit.
*When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always select electronic PDF delivery. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
International Student Application Requirements
If you are an applicant from outside the United States, please refer to our information on graduate admissions for international students.
- A copy of New York state teaching certification OR proof of pending certification is required for students just completing their undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for baccalaureate degrees from approved postsecondary institutions.