The B.S. in athletic performance builds a science-based approach for promoting health and improving athletic performance in the health and fitness industries and beyond.
Athletic performance specialists are instrumental in creating and delivering fitness and exercise programs to improve an athlete’s performance. Fisher’s athletic performance program equips students and scholar athletes to deliver effective performance-improvement programs integrating sports psychology, functional health, nutrition, and biomechanics.
Athletic performance professionals:
- Understand the human body and best practices for its optimal performance.
- Thrive when promoting health and enhancing physical fitness for goal-minded individuals and teams.
- Use science-based approaches for evaluating fitness needs across diverse populations.
- Develop and deliver programs that improve overall health and physical performance.
- Apply knowledge from psychology, human biology, and nutritional science as vital partners in health-, fitness-, and sport-related fields.
- Inspire all types of athletes to grow in physical, mental, and emotional resilience.
- Implement new ways for athletes to achieve their goals and maximize their performance.
This program is designed for scholar athletes and students interested in sports professions, fitness training, and careers within the health industry.
Extensive experiential learning is central to the B.S. in athletic performance. The program integrates exercise science and psychology to prepare students for a holistic approach to athletic performance. Core courses build an understanding of the biological basis of human performance and an understanding of psychological influences on motivation to performance enhancement. Additional required courses in the liberal arts promote culturally responsive approaches within the health and wellness fields.
Life After Fisher
You'll be prepared to apply your skills and knowledge of athletic performance within several areas, including:
- Fitness Facilities
- Corporate Wellness
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Health Care
- Personal Training
- Functional Strength Coaching
- Sports Psychology
- Strength & Conditioning Coaching