RA Selection Process
New RA candidates will submit formal application and complete both an individual and group interview.
Timeline for Fall 2023 Positions
- Monday, January 23rd - RA application for fall 2023 positions opens at 9 a.m. in ResLife Online.
- Sunday, February 12th - RA application for fall 2023 positions closes at midnight.
- February 13th -24th - RA applicants complete individual interviews. Dates and times of interviews are selected through the online application process.
- Sunday, February 26th - RA candidates will participate in a group interview. Candidates should plan to reserve 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. for these interviews. More detailed information will be provided to candidates as the event approaches.
- Friday, March 10th - RA applicants will be notified of their status in the RA selection process no later than 4:30 p.m.
The RA application includes general, academic, and involvement related information. Applicants are also asked to provide contact information (name and email address).
Individual interviews will be conducted using Zoom, between February 13th -24th. During the written application process candidates will select an interview time from multiple available time slots. Candidates will be interviewed by current Residential Life staff and will be asked to respond to questions related to your skills, experience, and the RA position. Candidates should expect individual interviews will take approximately 30 minutes.
The purpose of the group interview is to give the candidates an opportunity to work in small groups to complete structured interactive activities with other candidates. Teamwork and decision-making will be the focus of these structured activities. Attire for this interview is St. John Fisher University themed (any University gear or clothing). Candidates will be participating in various activities and should be comfortable moving around. At this time we plan to hold group interviews in person on Sunday February 26th.
Hiring and Placement
Candidates will be evaluated based on their application materials, participation in the RA selection process, and compatibility with the department's mission and goals. Decisions regarding hiring and placement are also based on the current needs of the residential community.