RA Selection Process
New RA candidates will submit formal application and complete both an individual and group interview.
Timeline for Spring 2022 Positions
- Monday, January 31 - RA application for fall 2022 positions opens at 9 a.m. in ResLife Online.
- Sunday, February 13 - RA application for fall 2022 positions closes at midnight.
- February 14 - 25 - RA applicants complete individual interviews. Dates and times of interviews are selected through the written application process.
- Sunday, February 27 - RA candidates will participate in Group interviews. Candidates should plan to reserve 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. for these interviews. More detailed information will be provided to candidates as the event approaches.
- Friday, March 11 - RA applicants will be notified of their status in the RA selection process no later than 4:30 p.m.
The RA application includes general, academic, and involvement related information. Applicants are also asked to provide contact information (name and email address).
Individual interviews will be conducted using Zoom, a cloud based video conferencing application, between February 14 and February 25. During the written application process candidates will select an interview time from multiple available time slots. Candidates will be interviewed by current Residential Life staff and will be asked to respond to questions related to your skills, experience, and the RA position. Candidates should expect individual interviews will take approximately 30 minutes.
The purpose of the group interview is to give the candidates an opportunity to work in small groups to complete structured interactive activities with other candidates. Teamwork and decision-making will be the focus of these structured activities. Attire for this interview is St. John Fisher University themed (any University gear or clothing). Candidates will be participating in various activities and should be comfortable moving around. At this time we plan to hold group interviews in person on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
Hiring and Placement
Candidates will be evaluated based on their application materials, participation in the RA selection process, and compatibility with the department's mission and goals. Decisions regarding hiring and placement are also based on the current needs of the residential community. Placement decisions for the fall 2022 staff are not made until the conclusion of housing selection for that semester. If offered a position, applicants will be expected to accept or decline without knowledge of their specific placement.