Fannie & Sam Constantino First Generation Scholarship Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in the Fannie & Sam Constantino First Generation Scholarship Program.
We have created the following information to help you prepare your answers to the questions that will be asked on the online scholarship application. If you have any questions about the scholarship application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (585) 385-8064.
Instructions to the Candidate
- The scholarship application review begins on December 15 and will continue until the final application deadline of January 15. Remember to keep a copy for your records.
- All candidates for the Fisher First Generation Scholarship Program must also file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 15.
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
- Recipients will be notified no later than March 1.
Questions for the Candidate
Please describe up to two roles or activities from your high school years that best demonstrate your leadership capabilities and what you learned from that organization or experience.
Short Answer Questions
- Describe the leadership role you held and for what organization. Please provide as much detail as possible.
- Describe why this leadership experience was meaningful and what you learned about leadership as a result. Please write at least three sentences.
Community Engagement Activities
Please list up to two examples that demonstrate your commitment to community engagement. Examples may include volunteerism for a non-profit organization, service-based relationships with programs or people that benefit others, tutoring/mentoring, or fundraising activities that you did on your own or in conjunction with others.
Short Answer Questions
Please select experiences from your high school years that were meaningful to you and best describe your relationship to service to and for others.
- Describe the service you provided to the organization or individual. Please provide as much detail as possible.
- Describe why this experience was meaningful and what motivated you to get and stay involved. Please write at least three sentences.
- Describe if this example was done through your high school tied to a mandated requirement or done separately as a volunteer.
Note: For each leadership role and community engagement activity, you will be asked to list one reference as well as their contact information.
Please answer the following question in the space provided. Your answer should be at least 250 words, but no more than 500 words.
Please explain why you would like to be a First Generation Scholar at Fisher, specifically by answering the following questions:
- How do you believe you will gain leadership skills through community engagement activities?
- What do you look forward to experiencing and learning as a Fisher scholar in this program?
- What do you believe you will bring to the program that is unique to you and will support the goals of leadership and civic leadership?