Nursing Clinical Year Application
To begin your junior clinical year, you must apply online to the Wegmans School of Nursing for admission.
Admissions Deadlines for Current Fisher Students
Online applications are due February 1 for preferred placement students (students accepted as first-semester freshman nursing majors from high school), and March 1 for all competitive pool students (Fisher students who changed their major to nursing after admission).
Online applications are due June 15 for preferred placement students (students accepted as first-semester freshman nursing majors from high school), and July 1 for all competitive pool students (Fisher students who changed their major to nursing after admission).
Admissions Information for Transfer Students
Students transferring to Fisher’s nursing program and 2+2 nursing program applicants from designated partner community colleges, please reference the Traditional B.S. Nursing Program application process and requirements found on the Transfer Admissions website.
Required Application Materials
A completed application ready for review includes the following:
- Transfer Application
- Student essay/personal statement
- A score of 84% or higher in Level A Math Screening Test
Transfer applications can be submitted before all seven science prerequisites and ethics are done, but a plan needs to be in place to complete all the prerequisites for the nursing major by the beginning of the clinical semester.
Applications submitted after the deadlines are processed as received, and admission is on a space-available basis.
Admissions Decision Criteria
The following criteria will be used to make a decision on every applicant:
- Scholastic Ability: Minimum 2.75 overall GPA (calculated on all undergraduate course work completed at all colleges); a "C" or higher in the required pre-nursing courses and a prerequisite GPA of 2.4 or higher including all attempts at these seven courses: Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition, Statistics, and Development Across the Lifespan. Ethics must also be completed prior to the start of the clinical year program.
- Mathematics Screening Test: You may take the Mathematics Screening Test up to two (2) times to achieve the required score of 84%. You are encouraged to meet this requirement early in your preclinical experience so that remediation can be obtained if required. Learn more about what to expect with the screening test.
- Submission of Application to Begin Clinical Year for Current Fisher Students
- Student essay/personal statement a short (1-2 page) well-developed essay, which speaks to your specific professional plans and career objectives.
- The date that the completed application was received by the Wegmans School of Nursing.
After you have been accepted into the junior clinical year, the following items are due and should be uploaded to the Health and Wellness Center Patient Portal (see a link to instructions below). No paper copies of compliance items will be accepted by the Wegmans School of Nursing or the Health and Wellness Center:
- Health Status and Immunizations: Documentation of immunizations and a physical (dated no more than six months prior to starting clinical) on the Health History Form submitted to the Wegmans School of Nursing by July 15 (for fall admission) or October 15 (for spring admission) of the junior clinical year.
- CPR Certification: A current Basic Life Support (including infant, child, and adult CPR) certification card from the American Heart Association on file in the School of Nursing office by July 15 (for fall admission) or October 15 (for spring admission) of the junior clinical year.
Refer to the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) Requirements for Clinical Compliance page for more information.