Ed.D. Admission Requirements
The Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program has an annual start date in May (Summer semester) and operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received. There is no fee to apply.
- Rochester Campus
- Iona University
Admission is limited to qualified candidates who have:
- Minimum of three years of successful management/administrative level experience.
- Completed a master's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- A proven record of excellence in mid-level leadership and management.
Candidates are required to provide evidence of their potential to meet the demands of a rigorous doctoral-level program. The admissions process involves three phases.
Phase 1: Candidates for admission are required to submit:
- Online admissions application.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work*
- Two recommendation forms from successful leaders currently practicing in your profession or a related profession.
- Two professional writing samples of no longer than five pages each, with the total not exceeding ten pages.
- Current résumé.
- Concise essay of no more than one typed page, outlining your vision of leadership and reasons for applying to the program.
*When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always select electronic PDF delivery. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
Phase 2: If you meet the above requirements, you will be required to:
- Participate in a formal interview process.
- Provide an on-demand writing sample the day of the interview.
Phase 3: The admissions process is completed as follows:
- The Doctoral Program Admissions Committee reviews all required information and ranks ﬁnal candidates for admission to the program.
- Candidates are selected for each cohort.
- The candidates are notiﬁed and offered admission to the program.
- If any candidate among the finalists declines the offer or fails to submit the admissions deposit by the established deadline, the next eligible candidate on the waiting list is offered admission.
For questions regarding the application process, contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or (585) 385-8064.