The Fisher Archives document the history of St. John Fisher University from its initial planning by the Basilian Fathers in 1946 to the present day.
Records of significant historical importance are collected and preserved, including administrative records such as graduate and undergraduate bulletins, presidential documents, and board of trustee and faculty senate minutes. The Fisher Archives contain an extensive collection of materials on the Fisher experience from the faculty, staff, student, and alumni point-of-view. The library maintains print, microfilm, and digital versions of a variety of campus publications.
The following is a brief listing of some of the publications preserved in the collection:
- Student-run Newspapers
- Pioneer: 1951-2001 (NY Historic Newspapers)
- Cardinal Courier: 2002-2009 (NY Historic Newspapers)
For issues after 2009, contact the Archives.
- Alumni Bulletins
- Alumni News: 1960 through 1987
- Exchanges: 1988 through 1997
- Collegium: 1997 through the present
- Student Literary Publications
- The Angle: 1956 through the present (Fisher Digital Publications)
- Verbum: 2003 through the present (Fisher Digital Publications)
- Etiam: 1959 through the present
- Jo Roffs: Annual College Yearbook
- College News and Calendar: 1986 through 2009
- Fisher Faculty published monographs
In addition to these resources, the Fisher Archives supplements the University's history by preserving audio and visual material, documenting campus events such as lectures, guest speakers, commencements, and other moments of significance to the Fisher Family. To learn more about the history of Fisher, please see the following:
- Haffey, H. J. (1977). The Beginnings of St. John Fisher College. Rochester, N.Y: St. John Fisher College (Lavery Library reference and upper level, Call # LD4810 H23)
The Beginnings of St. John Fisher College, by Father Hugh Haffey, 1977 [pdf]
- Sometimes, One Man Can Make a World of Difference: The Lavery Years St. John Fisher College (Lavery Library reference collection and upper level, Call # LD4810 S15 1980)
Access to archives materials is available by appointment only. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the Fisher Archives.