The Golisano Institute for Developmental Disability Nursing
Promoting positive change for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the vehicle of nursing.
The Golisano Institute transforms the quality of care and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) regionally, nationally, and internationally by training nursing professionals in field-specific skills and knowledge.
The Golisano Institute promotes health equity for people with IDD through:
- The creation and evaluation of an undergraduate and graduate academic nursing program with integrated IDD competencies
- The development of high-impact, evidence-based learning activities in IDD health care for an interprofessional health care workforce
- The expansion of partnerships with health care systems, community-based organizations, people with IDD, their families, and care providers to inform and shape its work
- Leveraging technology and analytics to advance its mission
- The development of global thought leaders to influence IDD scholarship, practice, education, and policy through the Golisano Fellowship in Intellectual and Developmental Disability Nursing
- Influencing policy and practice to achieve health equity for the IDD population at the national and international levels
The Golisano Institute for Developmental Disability Nursing is accredited by the ANCC NCPD. ANCC NCPD Accreditation formally recognizes organizations that provide high-quality continuing nursing professional development and ensures educational activities are designed using evidence-based criteria. By participating in NCPD learning provided by an ANCC accredited organization, registered nurses maintain continued competence in a rapidly changing health care environment.