Nursing Scholarships and Aid
Nursing Scholarships at Fisher
The generosity of alumni, community organizations, and friends of Fisher has provided funds for special scholarships awarded to students in good academic standing who meet the specific criteria designated by the donor of the scholarship. For most of these scholarships, Fisher will match an applicant’s qualifications to the award and notify the recipient. Further information regarding scholarships can be found in the Office of Student Financial Services.
The Wegmans School of Nursing applies for Federal Nurse Traineeship awards, non-competitive grants from the Department of Health and Human Services specifically earmarked for graduate nursing students. Awards vary with the amount of funding received. Traineeships are administered by the Wegmans School of Nursing.
Outside Nursing Scholarships/Aid
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - Student scholarship programs
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association - Scholarships for undergraduate students and for registered nurses pursuing a career in nursing education
- Health Resources and Services Administration - Loans and scholarships
- Lucretia H. Richter Nursing Scholarship - Awards for students completing their B.S. or M.S. degree (information available in School of Nursing main office)
- New Careers in Nursing Scholarship Program
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Scholarships
Opportunities in the Military
Federal Student Loan Programs
- Learn about the federal government's student financial aid programs. Further information regarding federal aid can be found in the Office of Student Financial Services.