Family Business Program
Family-controlled businesses are a critical component of local, regional, and global economies. Find resources to support and grow your business with Fisher.
Fisher is a resource for family businesses in Western New York and beyond.
Fisher’s School of Business faculty understand the special opportunities and challenges of family firms.
The Family Business Program is designed to connect you with other business owners and peers in the Rochester area and beyond. View a recent report [pdf] about family business.
Learn about transition planning, family risk analysis, educating the next generation members, and more from Fisher’s expert faculty and partners. View the Fisher's Next Generation Leadership Institute Brochure [pdf].
Family Business Steering Committee
The Family Business Program at Fisher is led by a diverse, experienced steering committee. The committee is comprised of family business owners from a range of industries within the Rochester region as well as leadership from within the School of Business at St. John Fisher University.
- Randy White, J.N. White
- Kaitlin Hildebrandt, Leo J. Roth Corp.
- Peter Messner, Messner Company
- Tony Monaco, Rochester Colonial Manufacturing
- David Pritchard, Gorbel, Inc.
- Teagan White, J.N. White
- Maxwell Herbst, Leonards Express
- Alexandra Justis, Doyle Securities
- Dr. Carol Wittmeyer, Family Business Program, St. John Fisher University
Family Business Faculty
Faculty from St. John Fisher University
- Dr. Shannon Cleverley-Thompson, visiting assistant professor, executive leadership
- Dr. Ozge Kantas, assistant professor of psychology
- Dr. David Kunsch, associate professor of management
- Dr. Hugh Lambert, assistant professor of accounting
- Dr. Chantz Miles, entrepreneur-in-residence and visiting assistant professor
- Prof. Arien Rozelle, assistant professor of media and communications
- Dr. Carol Wittmeyer, director of the Family Business Program
Faculty from Constellation Brands Inc.
- Mark Brown, manager, talent planning
Faculty from JK Executive Strategies
- Jill Knittel, MBA, CSP, president & CEO