- Student to faculty ratio: 12:1
- Typical class size: 20-25
- Fisher family:1
Marketing is a crucial function for all companies, large and small, across all business segments. A bachelor’s degree in marketing from Fisher connects you to many opportunities for stimulating and rewarding careers.
Through the Fisher marketing program, you will gain comprehensive knowledge about buyer behavior, examine best practices regarding ways to gather and analyze market information, and learn how to communicate and build relationships with customers.
In true interdisciplinary fashion—which is a hallmark of a Fisher education—the program offers advertising and public relations classes through the Media and Communication Department.
The curriculum for Fisher's marketing program consists largely of courses in accounting, finance, management, and, of course, marketing. One globalization course, which focuses on international business matters, six marketing electives, and a cadre of select liberal arts and sciences classes round out the marketing program’s course requirements.
As a Fisher undergraduate, you also will be required to fulfill the Core requirements. A number of the marketing program’s select liberal arts and sciences courses may count toward Core fulfillment, thus minimizing your required course load.
Courses in internet marketing and supply chain systems help keep you on top of ever-changing market trends. These courses augment classes covering such traditional topics as promotion, selling, buyer behavior, and market research.
Life After Fisher
Upon earning your B.S. in marketing, you will be ready to occupy entry-level positions in sales, brand management, and marketing. Positions held by graduates of Fisher’s marketing program include:
- Account coordinator at Roberts Communications
- Marketing intern at Toshiba Business Solutions
- Account executive at SCM World Marketing Solutions
- Director of marketing at MassMutual Financial Group
- Project manager/consultant at OIM Squared
- Retail sales manager at Pabst Brewing Company
- Account executive at Choice Laboratory Services
- Lead visual merchandiser at Forever 21
- Major market solutions/expense management consultant at Paychex
- Email marketing specialist at 2U education technology company
- Project coordinator at ADT
- Technical recruiter at TEKsystems
The marketing program also aims to prepare students for entry into graduate and professional programs in marketing and business administration.
“ My Fisher education equipped me with lessons that translate in and outside of the classroom, and for that, I am forever grateful. ”
“ The professors all want to see students succeed. They take a personal interest in every student to ensure they are getting the education that is needed for a successful career. ”
“ Fisher has prepared me for my future by connecting me to an excellent network of professionals and giving me a well-rounded education. I hope to be continuing to do what I love and using what I learned during my Fisher experience. ”