TEACH Certification Application Instructions
New York State Education Department (NYSED) requires candidates who are completing teacher/ leader certification programs to apply online – through the TEACH system – for certification(s).
Create an Account to LOG-IN to TEACH
Enter the TEACH online services site via the Office of Teaching Initiatives website and select “Create a NY.gov TEACH Account.” Step-by-step instructions are provided.
The TEACH online system allows you to:
- Apply for a certificate
- Check the status of your application(s)
- View/update your profile (update address, request a name change or social security update)
- View your certification record (evaluations and issued certificates)
- View/update your professional development record for your professional certificate(s)
- Apply for a duplicate certificate
The TEACH Online Services system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Create and Maintain Applicant Profile in TEACH
Enter your personal information and maintain information (education information, work experience, etc.) before you apply for a certificate.
Apply for Certificate in TEACH
- Select Area of Interest—Classroom Teacher or Administration and Pupil Personnel Services or Classroom Teacher Extensions
- Select Subject Area
- Select Grade Level
- Select Title
- Select Type of Certificate
- Enter the Program Code (See Program Codes and Pathways)
- Make Payment—List of Application Fees
- TEACH automatically selects the pathway for you. The pathway selected is the Approved Teacher Preparation Program
- When applying for additional certifications the pathway should be the Approved Teacher Preparation Program: Additional Certificate Pathway. In TEACH additional certifications will appear as pending until the first certification is issued.
- If TEACH does NOT select the Approved Teacher Preparation Program –Additional Certificate You will need to contact NYSed for a representative to change this for you.
- To change a pathway in TEACH: Email NYSed at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pathway Change” in the subject line. Include the following information in the email:
- Full name that is on your TEACH account
- Date of birth OR the last four digits of your Social Security number
- Which application you are referring to and the correct pathway to change it should be Approved Teacher Preparation Program –Additional Certificate.
Request and Submit Transcripts
After graduation complete the two-step process to request and submit transcripts required for certification.
- For coursework to be accepted for certification, you must submit an official transcript showing college coursework. Review the three options on the TEACH website and chose the best option for you.
- Once you chose your option from NYSed Request a Transcript from Fisher.