Registrar's Office FAQs

Get all the answers to your questions about registration, transcripts, and more in one place.

I have forgotten my Fish 'R' Net PIN. What should I do?

Enter your user ID (your Fisher ID with the @) and click Forgot PIN. You will be prompted to answer the security questions you have previously setup in Fish 'R' Net. If you successfully answer these questions, you will be logged in and must reset your PIN.

If you do not remember the answers to your security question and are a current student with an active Fisher email account, you may use the Reset Fish 'R' Net PIN Here option. Click Reset Fish 'R' Net PIN Here and follow the instructions provided.

If you have not setup questions and do not have an active Fisher email account, you must contact the Registrar's Office at (585) 385-8015 or

I can't register because of a hold. What should I do?

Contact the office responsible for the hold to discuss your situation.

How do I drop or add a course?

With the exception of new freshmen during the fall semester, all add/drop activity is done using Fish 'R' Net in accordance with the semester academic calendar.

How do I request approval for transfer credits?

If you are a current Fisher student who would like to take a course at another institution and transfer the credits back to Fisher, visit the Transfer Articulation Guide to read the guidelines for transferring a course. You should then submit the Transfer Credit Equivalency Request form available from the link above and submit it to the Registrar's Office BEFORE the course is taken.

If you are considering attending Monroe Community College, consult the Transfer Equivalency Chart before completing the Transfer Credit Equivalency Request form. To access the chart, visit the Transfer Articulation Guide, click Submit, then click View the Transfer Equivalency Listing.

How do I register for courses at other colleges?

Fisher is part of the Rochester Area Colleges (RAC) Consortium. Full-time undergraduate matriculated students may take a maximum of two courses during the fall and/or spring semester at any participating school without charge. This program does NOT apply to summer school. Students must be taking at least 12 credits at Fisher and paying full-time tuition during the semester in which they wish to take a course at another school.

Space availability is determined by the visiting school. Special registration forms for this program are available in the Registrar's Office; you will need to obtain the signature of your advisor, the Registrar at Fisher, and the Registrar at the visiting school.

How do I get a transcript?

More information can be found on the Request a Transcript page.

How do I change my address?

All address changes are done in the Registrar's Office. Stop in or call (585) 385-8015.

How do I change my advisor?

To request a change of advisor, you must complete the form and return it to the Center for Career and Academic Planning. Once completed, a copy of the form will be sent to you. You may also use Fish 'R' Net to verify that the change has been processed.

How do I find out where my classes are?

Class schedules are no longer mailed before the start of each semester. Log on to Fish 'R' Net and use the Student Schedule Day and Time Option or the Student Detail option to view and print your schedule.

When do I get my midterm or final grades?

Midterm and final grades are only available on Fish 'R' Net. Entered grades are posted to student records at the close of business each day of exam week. Though all of your final grades may appear on your record, the GPA calculation is done after grades for all students have been entered.

How do I get my diploma?

Diplomas are mailed to the permanent address on file 2-3 weeks after the end of the semester

What should I do with my loan deferment forms?

Students should bring in all loan deferment forms to the Registrar's Office. The forms will be filed electronically through the National Student Loan Clearinghouse.

Can the University disclose my student record without my permission?

St. John Fisher University complies fully with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights of Privacy Act (FERPA). If you do not wish to have "directory information" disclosed, please fill out a Request To Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information [pdf] and return it to the Registrar's Office.

Faculty and staff advisors should be aware of important FERPA guidelines with regards to disclosing student information.

When is the Registrar's Office open?

Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Summer office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.

What is the Registrar's Office address?

The Registrar's Office is located on the second floor of Kearney Hall, room 201.

Mailing address:
Registrar's Office
3690 East Ave.
Rochester, New York 14618-3597

I want to withdraw from University. What do I have to do?

Complete the Withdrawal From University Inquiry form. Withdrawing from the University is a process. After submitting this form you will be contacted by a University representative who will answer any questions and address issues related to your situation.

More information can be found on the Withdrawing from the University page.