Withdrawing from the University

Withdrawing from St. John Fisher University is a decision that requires careful thought and consideration. Review the following information before beginning the process.

Before You Withdraw

Even though you are withdrawing from the University, you may still incur tuition and housing charges for the semester. Your financial aid eligibility for the current and subsequent semesters may also be affected. If you have not submitted all the necessary paperwork to the Office of Student Financial Services, you may lose financial aid which could help pay for your current charges. Please contact Student Accounts and/or the Office of Student Financial Services to find out how your withdrawal will affect your bill.

For academic consequences, the withdrawal date is the date that the completed withdrawal request form is received by the Registrar's Office, not the self-reported last date of attendance.

If you are living in a residence hall, you will also need to withdraw from housing.

Complete the Withdrawal Process

To withdraw from the University, you must submit the electronic withdrawal form. The date used for refund and/or academic consequences will be the date this form is submitted.

Withdrawal Request Form

After You Withdraw

If you are a Perkins and/or Direct Student Loan borrower, your grace periods will begin once you withdraw. You will be required to begin repayment of your Perkins Loan(s) within nine months of your withdrawal. You will be required to begin repayment of your Direct Student Loan(s) within six months of your withdrawal.

If you transfer to another school, you may be able to defer repayment of your Perkins and Direct Student Loans by contacting your lender or loan servicer.

Review exit information for more details.

If You Plan to Return to Fisher

If you plan to take courses elsewhere and transfer the credits back to Fisher, we encourage you to complete a Transfer Credit Request form available in the Registrar's Office.

If you would like to be considered for financial aid, contact the Office of Student Financial Services to find out which applications will need to be completed.